Sunday, September 21, 2008

wow... we have a play

After yesterday's rehearsal I (for the first time thus far) took an objective look at the work we've all been doing and had the realization, "Wow. We have a play."

I was very pleased with my own work yesterday, which is nice, but that feeling was exponentially increased while watching the rest of the cast work. Since I'm not in Acts III or IV I got to watch, and let me tell you, everyone is doing an incredible job. I'm seeing some subtlety and nuances in my classmates that I've never seen before and it's truly inspiring to watch. But above all, it is very clear that everyone in the cast has been putting SO MUCH WORK into this piece. Everyone is pulling their own weight and bringing new stuff to the table every rehearsal and it's amazing to be a part of. And when Duke pulled that banana out of his tights I almost shit my pants. I just wanted to let everyone know all of this because I'm grateful to be surrounded by such dedicated actors and a brilliant director (legitimate thought, not ass-kissing).

- Frank

No comments: