Sunday, September 28, 2008

Closing Nights thoughts from Feste

Congratulations one and all!
I thought that Saturday’s performance definitely buzzed of a different energy than on Friday. On opening night I think we were all really jazzed with nerves, and the audience (lots of actors and theatre people) knew it was our opening and were really empathetic and encouraging. On our closing night I think our nerves had settled a bit and the audience was not quite as vocal as they were on the first evening. I thought that we needed to pick up the pace of the show. Our start was slow but by the end of the second act I think we had established a comfortable pace. I had a few prop malfunctions (rope with Antonio) and missed words (Sir Topas scene). I definitely learned something from the interaction I was supposed to have with the rope and Antonio. I ended up placing the rope next to Jon-Michael as I exited but I SHOULD have stopped and tied his hands in it. Ah. I was so mad at myself after I left the stage, but I can say that I learned from it. I felt a little better vocally,!
but I was noticing that because I was focusing on filling the space I sometimes lost my thoughts, which weakened the text.
But I think the closing run was one of the best!
I so enjoyed working with every single one of you. This experience has been amazing…thank you for sharing your creative energies and talent! Congratulations!
-Amanda

No comments: