Thursday, September 25, 2008

Come Away Death

Something that I've been playing with since I started with Orsino's backstory is the significance of "Come Away Death." This is one element of my backstory that is very specific. What I've put together is that there was one servant that worked in my household when I was a child of about 7 or 8 who was my favorite servant. She was an older woman who served as a surrogate mother to me since my real mother was too busy with her Duchess duties. This servant woman used to sing "Come Away Death" to me when she would put me to bed so it brings back real emotions and memories since this woman was the closest thing I've had to a family thus far in my life. I know it's impossible to play all of that while I'm listening to the song but I thought it'd be interesting for you guys to all know what was going on for me during it.

-Frank

No comments: