Saturday, September 27, 2008

opening night.... thoughts after digesting

Yesterday was an absolute trip. I was so proud of our ensemble and that includes Olivia, Tom, Nick, Skye, Jordan, Sarah and of-course Matt. I know that today is going to be another mountain to climb but as long as we realize they're different people and that we have to make everything fresh we can absolutely do it again.
But, Last Night... I never expected to feel so detached as i did. The breaks between my first 3 scenes are absolutely fatal and i wasn't doing my job until i started the "ayre" monologue. Tonight i will strive to bridge that gap between scenes and connect Sebastians arch. I betrayed myself yesterday by getting upset at the role of Sebastian after the show. While this is human nature i had to have known it was going to happen. So i apologize to all of you. We have all put so much work into this and its not fair for me to be upset. I am going to wipe it clean today and do the work and most importantly tell the story.
The first ones in the bag now its just a matter of telling this beautiful story all over again. I know you will all be great and i promise i'll be there with you.
Love,
Ross

No comments: