Monday, September 1, 2008

Frank's Blogtastic thoughts

I'm writing this passage mainly for Ross and the lighting designers who weren't completely around during the first week of rehearsal.

We totally kicked this first week's ass. Although we didn't get through all of Act II we still got A LOT done. The conversations we've been having have helped shape the world of this play so specifically and I know it's only going to become more so as the rehearsal process continues. Matt has helped us learn how to negotiate the space in the Rauh, so I've been doing my darnedest to keep the factors of the space ever present in my mind. And my absolute favorite part about this show thus far is the music! I listen to this music at home and I become so moved that I can't perform simple tasks. The blocking that we've been going through so far is very smart, specific, justified and most importantly keeps the structure of the hierarchy of the characters, if that makes any sense. I feel like all of the elements of this play are congregating together to form some sort of massive unified shape, and experiencing all of the elements at the same time and growing with them as the play gr!
ows is a tremendous experience. I've realized that this has been more of a journal entry than some sort of contribution to the blog. But, if I'm contributing anything, it's my unwavering excitement about this piece and about how LUCKY we are to be a part of it. That's all, peace guys.

-Frank

No comments: