Monday, September 15, 2008

HMMMMMMMMM

Lately i've been thinking alot about what Matt & Don said about not being specific with movement and sort of sloshing around stage. i realized the other day when we did a speed through that when i was completely focused on a person and playing with the text that my movements were specific, smooth and concentrated. I only moved when it was right... but i never changed any of my blocking and i noticed that in some places other peoples blocking looked right for the first time. I guess what im saying is that as an actor i tend to be in my head quite alot always running through my homework. its time to be secure with the work ( i dont mean stop working, i will continue to do homework) but as soon as i walk in i need to believe i have the character and that i can make choices as sebastian. Instead of rattling off my tactics in my head I know i need to work on focusing on my partner in the scene. I've heard Barbara say it before but havent really understood it before now that, the!
great actor makes his/ her partner look amazing. If you poor everything into somebody else you forget your self and ease comes with... ease...? I suppose this is just me rambling but i understand now why i never get scenes and parts until a couple days before its time for them to start. i dont let go of the work until the last second. without knowing i've been holding my self back. So starting now do the homework but stop thinking about it as soon as i jump on that stage.

HOOZAHHHH FOR EPIPHANIES!

Ross

No comments: