Saturday, September 27, 2008

Dear Diary

Yesterday we had our first performance of the show. Boy Howdy was it a trip. When the top light came up on me and I sat up my heart was in my throat. I couldn't really see the audience (because of the light) but you can bet your ass I could sense them. It felt like acting in a high pressure or high gravity vacuum (like Goku would train in on Dragonball Z). I was tremendously nervous and felt that my energy and voice were being highly affected by it. Even my equilibrium was thrown off: when I stood up onto the bench to talk to Feste I lost balance and almost fell off. Luckily I managed to catch myself and played it off as actually blocking. Yet, at no point during that first scene did I admit defeat to myself or the audience, rather I trucked through it as best to my ability. Suffice it to say that has been the most nervous I have ever been acting in my entire life. But after that I pulled my shit together and had a great time in my remaining scenes. I think we were lucky!
to have such a responsive and supportive audience, it'll be interesting to experience the dynamic change tonight. Overall I am very happy with the run and CANNOT wait to get another chance to do it again tonight and do the things better that I know I can do better.

-Frank

No comments: