Monday, September 22, 2008

Some of Olivia's thoughts on the process thus far...

I just finished reading through all the past blogs for 12th Night, and I just need to say that it has been so exciting to see much of those notes come into fruition on Saturday. It has truly been a process, but Saturday was definitely the first time I began to free from text work and begin to understand Olivia's journey throughout the play - and how that journey does not halt even if she is not onstage. I think it is easy with a play like this one, in which there are so many seemingly "separate" mini plots to forget we are all doing one show - I know that I began to fall into that trap. But after Saturday, I realized I need to even more specifically mediate on how that aspects of the play I am not so directly involved in (ie. the Malvolio subplot) affect me and my journe

No comments: