Sunday, September 7, 2008

Seb's 180

This is how i see it.
Sebastian is in love with the aspect of love. or just being loved for that matter. Thats why when Anthonio says "pardon me your bad entertainment" he see's himself losing someone who loves him and needs that power over people because he is feeling more and more powerless in the world when his third family member dies. This provides me an excellent opportunity to work with the opposites in the play. what i mean is that every thing that is true is also false. Its one of Shurtleff's 12 guide posts. I guess sine i wasn't here for the conversation's about everyone being lost every-time i realize just how lost Sebastian is it catches me off guard and i have another small epiphany. I may have been going in the wrong direction. I think Sebastian is trying to fight the world/ universe / fate and he is losing. He think's the world is against him. maybe he's right. I'm going to experiment in the coming day's with the melancholy. Matt told me early on that Sebastian may have been an ear!
ly idea of Hamlet. family member's dieing and all. I guess what i'm saying is he isnt as clean cut as i thought originally.
ALSO
COMPLETE 180
I'm so happy to be here with you guy's and doing this work and to see everyone working so hard is so inspiring. this is the best type of environment for us to be in!

No comments: