Saturday, September 27, 2008

Feste's thoughts about Friday

First, congratulations company! I am so grateful to be working with you all. I think points of success for us were in the “hand offs” of our scenes. We passed the baton really well tonight. I think the story was very clear for the audience…it seemed like they were with us throughout the whole play. Having a full audience was quite an experience for us all I think. I noticed that sometimes I would speak more speedily than was necessary. I felt like I just needed to get on and get off really quickly to keep the play moving.
Tonight was very informative for me. After the show, Joe gave me a few notes about my voice (similar to what Matt was saying). He says that I sometimes speak like I sing and place the resonance in the nose, so that when my back is to the audience it is hard to hear the words. SO…that’s something I need to work on. It’s a matter, I think, of letting the support come from a deeper place. Breathing into my whole self and not just my chest. I’ve always had issues with taking up space.
For the closing show I will do a more thorough warm-up to prepare. Also, I have a few added secret thoughts that I want to incorporate…mwahaha.
Congratulations everyone.

No comments: